Frequently Asked Questions
What information do we need?
Be as specific as possible. Include who, what, how, where, when and as many other details as possible in your complaint. Whenever possible, please include:
- The suspected tax violation.
- Full name of the suspect.
- Time period involved.
- Suspect's home address and phone number.
- Suspect's corporation or business name.
- Suspect's business address, phone number, and years in business.
- Suspect's profession, job title and years at the job.
- Suspect's social security number and federal identification number.
- Suspect's bank name, address and account number if known.
- Vehicle ownership (plate number, make, model, color)and location where car/van is kept overnight.
- Cigarette or tobacco products brand (e.g. Marlboro, Newport, etc.), tax stamp on pack of cigarettes (e.g. Louisiana only or no tax stamp.), location where the cigarettes or tobacco products are stored (under the counter, behind a door, warehouse, etc.).
- Does the store have a current Sellers Permit?
- Is the suspect involved in any other criminal activities?